Thursday, August 26, 2010

Eurovelo 6: Day 0 - The Who, The Why and What for.

Being a new full time and committed idler ( See Tom Hodingson book "the idelre") I am looking for new adventures/something to do. It seemed to me about a week ago that I had no immediate plans no place to stay and in general not much to do, you might say being idle came natural to me. But sifting aorun the french coast on a yachet - a month is about all I can take I decided I needed adventure.

About 2 months ago I brought a Foldup bike - to go London to Paris - my first ever bike tour. I learnt a few lessons about loading the bike early on, it took me 30 mins. to break two spokes and severely bend the back wheel. I also learnt that kevlar lined tyres or no kevlar lined tyres - hawthorne thrones still win. TOP TIP:  test your equipment before you leave. If things break or arnt suitable an overnight ride is going to highlight the issue.

Depending on how much money I gernatlly have two aporahes to buying gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment